We have made a difference in so many lives with new therapies that have changed the way diseases are treated.
Dan Baker, M.D.
Vice President, Immunology Disease Area Stronghold Leader, Janssen Research & Development
At Janssen we are passionate about discovering new medicines that help patients living with auto-immune diseases, such as
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis)
Our treatments have touched the lives of more than 2 million patients worldwide. And we continue to set our sights high.
We’re building a pipeline of new biologic medicines and targeting new areas of research.
But we know that patients need more than medication. That's why we’re committed to a range of innovative programs designed to deliver better outcomes for people living with complex auto-immune disease. These include:
Improving access to diagnosis, treatment and services
We support a range of local, rural and regional initiatives all designed with the patient in mind:
- Janssen LivE: We’ve partnered with a number of infusion centres to make it easier for patients to access infusion therapy. If a patient at a participating infusion centre doesn’t have private health insurance coverage for infusions, Janssen LivE will cover the costs.*
- Rural Outreach Education Program: We believe patients should be able to access the best possible care, no matter where they are. So we’re supporting Arthritis Australia, sending Rheumatologists to the bush through the Rural Outreach Education Program. The program has given a number of patients in rural areas much needed access to services and education and helped to decrease waiting times for specialists and travel times.
- Partnership with APLAR: Our desire to help patients extends beyond our own backyard. This is why we’re supporting the Asia-Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) in their invaluable work in the Asia Pacific region. Within the Asia Pacific region, there is a serious unmet healthcare need in rheumatology care. Through a grant to APLAR, Janssen is helping to educate and upskill healthcare professionals in the region about rheumatic diseases.
* Medication costs are not included. Not available in South Australia at the time of publication. An excess fee may apply from the patient's private health insurance.
Sharing advances and best practice in immunology
The more we know about a disease, the greater our ability to treat it. Medical education programs we provide, such as our Raising Expectations medical education series, bring together local and international clinicians and researchers to share the latest developments in immunology.
We also support innovative external medical programs such as the Biologics Masterclass delivered by the Skin and Cancer Foundation Inc. and a range of programs provided by Cornerstones Health Inc.
Delivering education, information and personalised care
We understand that it’s not just medication that helps patients feel better. So we provide a range of support programs and also information for patients, for example www.gastrocentral.com.au
Working with healthcare and patient organisations to deliver better outcomes
Our partnerships with key organisations and advocacy groups is an essential part of our commitment to patient care. Together we help to raise awareness and address gaps in health services. Our partners include Crohn’s & Colitis Australia and Arthritis Australia.