Cardiovascular & Metabolic Health
Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases are a major threat to life for adults, accounting for millions of deaths worldwide each year. Heart disease is the number one killer in both men and women. Diabetes is the fourth leading cause of death in most developed countries. We are building a comprehensive approach to diabetes care as well as cardiovascular disease.
Janssen has an enduring commitment to researching the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Our aim is to develop innovative healthcare solutions that will significantly improve the outcome for patients.
- Over a period of 70 years, a typical human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times;
- Each year Cardiovascular disease (CVD) alone causes over 4.3 million deaths in Europe;
- Overall CVD is estimated to cost the EU economy €192 billion a year.
- Janssen in Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes is a growing epidemic
- Treatment and Management of Type 2 Diabetes
You can find detailed data sets on prevalence and burden across the world and by country using the Janssen DiseaseLens™- your interactive health data tool with more than 3,500 epidemiological statistics and 140 indicators from highly trusted sources.