Victories over Cancer
Enabling those affected by cancer to enjoy more of life’s meaningful moments: these are the Victories over Cancer that make our work worthwhile.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to developing transformational treatment solutions that improve lives and enable those affected by cancer to enjoy more of life’s meaningful moments. Because helping patients overcome the challenges, great and small, that they face on their journey through cancer is both our mission and our privilege.
Some of the initiatives we are involved in to achieve Victories over Cancer include:
- Make Blood Cancer Visible is a campaign launched by Janssen to give patients with rare cancers, often under-served or misunderstood, a voice in the world
- Janssen has initiated a collaboration with New York University to review requests from patients all over the world for access to investigational medicines for patients who have exhausted other treatment alternatives
- We are working with pan-European patient groups on the ‘Living Longer, Living Stronger’ campaign, to develop tools that will empower men with prostate cancer at all stages of the disease journey.
- “Big data” provides a new way of harnessing knowledge from all sectors of the cancer community. We are proud to be working on Haematology Outcomes Network in EURope (HONEUR), a single dedicated platform that allows connected haematology centres to access value from Real-World Data (RWD) to better understand haematological malignancies and how to treat them in the most effective manner.
- Janssen is collaborating with Yale School of Medicine’s Open Data Access (YODA) to pioneer a clinical-sharing model. This represents the first collaboration between a pharmaceutical company and a completely independent third party to review and make decisions regarding every request for clinical data. 
- The Prostate Cancer Registry is the first and largest prospective Real-World Evidence (RWE) study of 3,000 patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) in 199 centres across 16 European countries.
 Yale News. Yale program’s agreement with Johnson & Johnson allows broad access to clinical trial data. Available at: https://news.yale.edu/2014/01/30/yale-program-s-agreement-johnson-johnson-allows-broad-access-clinical-trial-data. Last accessed September 2018.
 Studien Urologie. The Prostate Cancer Registry: First Results from an International, Prospective, Observational Study of Men with Metastatic Castration- Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC). Available at: https://www.studienurologie.de/media/2149/chowdhury-et-al-ecc-2015-poster_final.pdf. Last accessed: September 2018.
Hear more about how Victories over Cancer reflects our vision for the future of oncology treatment & care:
Find out more about working at Janssen Oncology.
Revolutionise your career in oncology and apply for a job at Janssen here.