Janssen in Ireland
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including oncology, haematology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Driven by our commitment to patients, Janssen develops innovative products, services and healthcare solutions to help people throughout the world.
Janssen in Dublin employs over 70 people from a wide variety of backgrounds including sales, marketing, market access, communications, government affairs, medical affairs and health economics. We are committed to making a difference to the lives of patients and we continue in our quest to tackle the greatest healthcare challenges that people face today.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC has also been operating in Cork since 1981. Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC is manufacturing bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients in Little Island that are sold throughout the world to other Janssen and third party companies where they are further processed into tablets, creams or injectable dosage forms.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC , established in Ringaskiddy in 2005, develops and produces innovative cancer treatments and biomedicines that treat immune related diseases. Janssen is a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology, a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that have launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis. Janssen Sciences Ireland is a Global Centre of Excellence for Clinical Drug Substance and Drug Product Release and Stability Management. Its manufacturing and operational excellence has been recognised through the receipt of ‘Industry 4.0 Light-house’ designation by the World Economic Forum.
In 2016, Janssen in Cork was the first pharmaceutical manufacturing company to receive the Business Working Responsibly Mark. The Mark, developed by Business in the Community Ireland, audited by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) is based on ISO 26000. It recognises Janssen Supply Chain’s commitment and activity towards creating responsible and sustainable business practices which have a positive impact on society.
Janssen is part of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of healthcare products and related services. Click here for further information on Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Janssen is a worldwide group of pharmaceutical companies:
- Part of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the USA based Healthcare Corporation
- Approximately 41,700 employees working in more than 150 countries around the world
- Invested more than $8.8 billion in pharmaceutical research & development (R&D) in 2019
- A top 10 company in the global pharmaceutical sales
Janssen in Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA) has:
- Activities in more than 100 countries
- Local offices in more than 30 countries
- More than 14,000 employees
- Research & Development investments of more than €1.5 billion annually
We have 8 research & development centres in EMEA:
- Beerse in Belgium
- High Wycombe in the UK
- Leiden (Janssen Biologics) in The Netherlands
- Val-de-Reuil in France
- Schaffhausen and Bern (Janssen Vaccines AG) in Switzerland
- Toledo in Spain
In EMEA, we have 9 manufacturing sites for worldwide distribution of medicines and vaccines:
- Beerse, Geel and Olen in Belgium
- Little Island and Ringaskiddy in Cork, Ireland
- Latina in Italy
- Leiden in The Netherlands
- Schaffhausen and Bern (Crucell) in Switzerland
CP-299309 | February 2022