Looking After Our Environment
We believe sustainability is integral to building a successful and enduring business
Johnson & Johnson aspires to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. The Health for Humanity 2020 Goals, underpinned by 16 targets, focus our citizenship and sustainability efforts where we believe Johnson & Johnson can achieve the greatest impact. The goals underscore and reflect our long-term commitment to delivering sustainable social, environmental and economic change across our company and extended value chain by leveraging the power of our people, expertise, and global partnerships We strive to fulfil this core commitment through our three focus areas:
- People - We'll help people be healthier by providing better access and care in more places around the world.
- Places - We’ll make the places we live, work and play healthier by using fewer and smarter resources.
- Practices - We’ll team up with partners and employees to create a culture of health and well-being.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies has achieved many sustainability landmarks in the last decade: 1
- CO2 emissions decreased by 21% globally since 2010
- New and existing products representing 14.6% of Johnson & Johnson revenue achieved EARTHWARDS recognition.*
- 25% of total electricity consumption generated from renewable sources
- All of the manufacturing/R&D locations completed the comprehensive water risk assessment in 2016
Janssen has become a member of the Corporate Leaders Climate Group to ensure that we stay at the leading edge of carbon reduction efforts. Janssen’s site in High Wycombe is certified under the Carbon Trust Standard, in part thanks to its solar panels and recycling initiatives.
Janssen has also worked with the NHS’ Sustainable Development Unit to better understand how the NHS’ carbon footprint is affected by pharmaceutical procurement and what can be done to reduce it.
In addition, 2019 saw our Janssen Safe Fleet team win the Operational Fleet Superstar Award at the inaugural Great British Fleet Awards. The awards recognise excellence in fleet operations, products and services. The Safe Fleet team won its category for its commitment to keeping road safety high on the Johnson & Johnson corporate agenda and achieving a significant reduction in collisions across the fleet.