An interconnected landscape
Industry is truly evolving before our eyes and the levels of interaction and inter-dependency have never been greater
The Pharmaceutical World: Then... and ...Now
Dramatic changes have been seen in healthcare over the last decade.
- Many more decision makers and influencers are involved in shaping prescribing choices such as public health authorities, health insurers and medical specialists;
- Patient Advocacy groups, which represent patients across a broad spectrum of diseases and countries, are increasingly participating and influencing decision-making debates with the patients’ voice becoming ever more important;
- Product approvals are no longer straightforward with products now also having to demonstrate differentiated and incremental medical value as well as economic value;
- Margins are therefore lower and R&D costs for more complex products are higher;
- New roles and approaches are developing within customer-facing teams to allow different competitive strategies within the market place.
In addition to the above, advances in technology are also changing how healthcare companies, doctors/care-givers and patients are communicating with each other.
Watch the stakeholder videos below to understand more.