JOM TRANSACTION CERTIFICATION PROCESS FOR CUSTOMER COMPLIANCE WITH THE FLORIDA DRUG AND COSMETIC ACT
In order to help our customers comply with requirements set forth by the state of Florida Statute 499.001 effective on July 1, 2006, JOM has implemented a process by which customers can contact JOM Customer Service in order to certify the initial sales transaction listed on a FL pedigree document. The initial transaction listed on such pedigree document will represent products being transferred from JOM, the manufacturer, to a JOM direct customer (i.e. JOM Authorized Distributor).
499.003 Definitions of terms used in ss. 499.001-499.081, section (31)(b) defines pedigree papers as: "Effective July 1, 2006, a document or electronic form approved by the Department of Health and containing information that records each distribution of any given legend drug, from sale by a pharmaceutical manufacturer, through acquisition and sale by any wholesaler or repackager, until final sale to a pharmacy or other person administering or dispensing the drug." .... and a certification that the recipient wholesaler has authenticated the pedigree papers."
The definitions also specify that (4) "Authenticate" means to affirmatively verify before any distribution of a legend drug occurs that each transaction listed on the pedigree paper has occurred.
JOM Customer Service can assist customers in certifying the initial transaction on a Florida pedigree paper, by which JOM, as the manufacturer, transferred product to one of its direct customers (i.e. JOM Authorized Distributors), in one of the following methods:
- E-mail [email protected] with the completed JOM Pedigree Transaction Certification Form which can be downloaded from this site, attached to the e-mail.
- E-mail [email protected] with the completed customer's & requestor's sections only on the JOM Pedigree Transaction Certification Form AND a digital copy of the FL pedigree document containing the transaction the customer would like to certify, attached to the e-mail.
- Fax the completed JOM Pedigree Transaction Certification Form which can be downloaded from this site, to JOM Customer Service at 908-218-7148.
- Fax the JOM Pedigree Transaction Certification Form which can be downloaded from this site, with the completed customer's & requestor's sections only AND a copy of the FL pedigree document containing the transaction the customer would like to certify to JOM Customer Service at 908-218-7148.
- If you are not e-mail or fax capable, you may call JOM Customer Service during the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Option 1 and then press Option 3. The customer service group will request the information contained in the Transaction Certification Form from the requestor prior to certifying the transactions.
- Outside the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., if you are not e-mail or fax capable, you may leave a voicemail for JOM Customer Service with your name, company and contact information and someone will contact you within 24 business hours to assist you with your request.